Wednesday, March 28, 2007

A Night of Surprises

It had been a looong day yesterday. All I wanted was a nap. I had been hounded by Replant people, bogged down with homework and Parent's Weekend Banquet crap, and I got a huge run in my last pair of hose. Oh yeah, and it poured rain all day. Yeah. One of THOSE days that people like to complain about every day for a month after they've happened. So I finally saw a golden glow at around five o' clock, and I snatched the opportunity for a 45 minute nap before formation. I set my alarm and conked (sp?) out. Lights on, my roomie watching gray's anatomy, the whole bit. Before my alsrm went off one of my buddies bashed into my room, "BRITTANY!! It's time to get up now!" and slammed the door behind his sorry nap-wrecking butt. While I choked on the smoke coming out of my ears, I grabbed my phone to turn my alarm off and saw that I had a text message. I rolled my eyes, and with a "what now?" feeling in the pit of my stomach, opened it. It was from my crush. He said that he was making chicken fried steak and needed help eating it. Smiling, I figured that the rest of the posse was over at his place, knowing that was how it always was. I quickly texted back that I had formation and a Replant meeting at 7, but one of them could pick me up after that. I dragged myself through the next hour and a half, trying to gather my energy for the dinner with the guys. Got back to the dorm and changed into a star wars t-shirt that I bought at Goodwill and some jeans and called my crush for a ride. He pulled up in his white pick-up, and I was surprised to see him as it's only occupant (usually, they all show up to come get me....why that is necessary, I will never know). I hopped in and smiled at him and asked where the guys were. "Well...I just figured it should just be you and me tonight...is that ok?" Uh...yeah. It was a great night...he is great. So I guess he has broken free of the "crush" title...his name is John(-:

No comments: