Friday, March 23, 2007

Oh, the glory of all that is random and wonderful!

I just picked up my boots. They are so wonderful....I have waited for so long. They fit perfectly and have a beautiful deep reddish-brown color...and they are mine! (FINALLY!) I just want to take this opportunity to thank those who have helped me on this trek...my family, friends...thank you! I'll figure out a more sufficient phrase in the future to fully express my gratitude and love for all of you. In other news, I'm job hunting. I've picked up applications at both the A&M small and large animal clinics and I'm turning my resume into the animal science department to see what they can do for me. Reason for the prowl for income? A truck. Yeah. If my brother gets an Army contract and I get a job, I can get a truck. There is a beauty parked in front of Scoates, it's pretty beat up on the outside (by COWS!! Isn't that awesome??), but it runs great, and I drool all over myself every time I see it, (which is extraordinarily unattractive in uniform, by the way.) $8,000 though. So if anyone has eight grand floating around, I wouldn't mind it(-; Also a recent development, I have applied for Female Corps Chaplain. It's a corps staff position (my buddies are NOT happy...), but I have a lot of ideas for improving the chaplain chain, female retention, and the all-female Bible study. I want to see what I can change, I want to leave the Corps better than I found it. Oh, and lately I've spending a lot of time with a really great group of people from church, and it has pretty much been amazing. And no new news on my crush...it's about the same...He's still handsome, funny, and a Christian cowboy...I was beginning to doubt their existence! Pray for this week coming up, I have three exams, so it's going to be a tough one. Have a great weekend!

No comments: